Online outsourcing refers to internet-based outsourcing – a process whereby a company or business hands over an entire area of work or specific business function to a third party known as an outsourcing company or outsourcing provider, via the internet. Companies and businesses embark on this business solution because of the benefits they garner from it – increased cost saving, faster completion of task, reliability, and access to specialists at a greatly reduced cost.
Typical examples of tasks that company transfer to an outsourcing service provider include web design, programming, logo design, multi-media production, translations, editorial work, research and writing services, and search engine optimization. Online outsourcing serves as valuable platform for simplifying the process of assigning business functions, as well as getting the assigned tasks done.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions and answers about internet-based outsourcing;
Q: How Does Online Outsourcing Work?
A: It’s simply a process of contracting or hiring employees via the internet, so that they can execute your business processes and tasks from their own location. The location could be in the same country where you business is situated or offshore (another country).
Q: How Do You Hire Providers Online?
A: There are couple of ways or methods for hiring outsourcing companies via the internet;
- Online freelance workplace: There are top freelance websites such as Elance, where employers and people offering different services meet. In essence, millions of skill sets and workers sign up on such platforms and bid for projects based on their skills and abilities.
These projects are posted by businesses, companies, or individuals who are in need of different services – writing, help desk, call center, marketing, website design, SEO, admin and tons of other services.
- Outsourcing websites: There are websites that are dedicated to outsourcing services. So, once you log on to such websites, you can explore the different outsourcing services they offer, then head to their “Contact Us” page to speak with an agent.
Q: What Should You Look Out for When Hiring an Online Outsourcing Provider?
A: The portfolio of a potential provider is an essential yardstick for determining whether or not the provider is fit for the business function you want to outsource. A good work portfolio would usually feature the following;
- The qualifications of the provider, particularly those that are relevant to the skill set you’re looking for.
- Experience in the area you seek professional help for.
- Samples of previous jobs relevant to the project you want to outsource.
- References that you can actually contact to confirm the outsourcing provider’s claims.
In addition to valuable portfolio, you should also review the feedback from previous clients, especially if you are using freelance workplace to hire a provider. The feedback is usually in the aspect of overall quality and ability to meet deadline.
Indeed, online outsourcing is a remarkable business solution in the 21st century and beyond.
Daven Michaels is a New York Times Best Selling Author and CEO of premiere global outsourcing company, 123Employee. The company employs hundreds of young bright individuals on three continents. His International event, Beyond Marketing Live! Inspires entrepreneurs build & grow their business with revolutionary new theories and systems allowing them to design the business and personal lifestyle of their dreams.